Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Davao - "Little Japan"

Madayaw na adlaw! As Davaoeños would say... In English, Good day!. Yep I'm in Davao na - the 2nd largest city in the world in terms of land area. I'm loving my vacation here. Davao is more laid back than Cebu. A lot of things are different. In the city proper it's a no smoking place. You will be arrested if you do. I think everybody can quit smoking here quickly and effectively. There is no choice left for you. Even in bars and parks, no one is smoking! Can u believe it! Amazing! thats why I like staying here. Plus the city is less polluted, the roads are wider and I can hardly see beggars. I cannot feel the scarcity of rice here in Davao. I think because there is a large area of rice plantation here plus the Government officials are good. They don't allow their people to suffer. The people are mix of muslim, Chinese and tribal influences. Koreans are growing in numbers too, they share the streets with the much more numerous ordinary Davaoeñ0s struggling to make a living. I will include myself sooner or later.




I have a new discovery. Davao is called as "Little Japan" - It has a long Japanese history and until now Japan and Davao has strong ties. If you do like to come and visit here, I can be your tourist guide! if u like. Service charge is negotiable. wink2! =) I also visited a couple of bars here and most of them offer live music. This weekend I will explore the nearby islands of Samal. I heard the area offers clear water, beautiful, healthy corals and even wreck diving. I need to learn how to dive na!!! I cant afford to miss the beauty and wonders of the under water.




Leave comments pls. =)

4 comments:

Philip R. Navarez said...

nice blog... and the design also...

Unknown said...

ahmm.. so u're not originally from dvo, ma'am?
good thing u like it in here!
gudluck!

c u in skul..

Bono, PS said...

Your blog looks like a fairytale. I really like your background which is blue.

Mel said...

ang cute ng butterfly :)

Post a Comment