Sunday, July 20, 2008

AM I AN IT PROFESSIONAL???

Being able to graduate from college from a four-year course in the field of Information and Communications Technology is a good basis to be called an IT Professional. Most of the students after they graduate will go the real world and grab any opportunity that will come their way regardless of the relevance of the job to their field. In the long run, there is a possibility that they can forget what they have studied in college. Like me, I graduated in Cebu Institute of Technology (CIT) as Bachelor of Science in Computer Science. A month after I graduated I found a job in a Japanese Company and spent 2 years working as a Production Control Staff. My job didn’t require me much of the complexity of Information Technology. Initially, I forgot how to make a program. I forgot how to format a disk, I was so way behind the trends of IT. After 5 years of working in the industry that is not related to my field, what can you expect of me now?
The reason why I took up masters degree is to be able to get myself back to the field where I feel I belong. I was a lost sheep for 5 years trying to earn an income. Doing what is expected from me without loving my job. But now I feel that I have the chance to start all over again. Picking up the pieces one by one even though it means that being insulted by my instructors for not being able to identify what is input device from output device. Even if it hurts to be laughed at not being able to make a simple C++ program that will let you input and display 2 numbers. But if this is what it takes to become a dignified IT professional then why not??? I don’t care the insults, I don’t care about the shame. I know at the end of this semester, I will be able to learn more and I will be able to call myself an IT PROFESSIONAL – heads up!

5 comments:

Marqoz said...

Buti ka pa, You're done posting this assignment in you account. Ako ani, Wa pa gyud! Ehehehe! You're right, It doesn't mean that we're not really working in the field of IT, we don't deserve to be called "IT Professionals" or we are not an IT Pro. The bottom line is, we enrolled the subject to fully understand the profound meaning of an IT Pro. and to apply its theory. And at the end of the semester, we all ready have an insights what really an IT Pro. does.

Good Luck Classmate!

Shane said...

nice blogs! keep on!

Unknown said...

..being IT grad. i think is not a basis for us to be called IT prof, sa akin lang ha..what if, grad ka nga ng IT.. but you dont hav the expertise, the skills and the like..

edoms said...

galing mo tsong...congrats!...just keep the peace homes....

Argie Camilo Medalla said...

Yes, correct k dyan brod... but anyway iba kc ung idea ntin.....

Post a Comment